Here’s Why We Recommend WP Time Capsule | Best Incremental WordPress Backup Plugin
WordPress backup plugins have begun getting more user-friendly and advanced, adding more features and providing interfaces for users to easily make their backups and protect the files in the process. In addition, all site owners want a simple way to restore the files, so that has been a focus as well. There are many backup plugins (Free & Paid) which are available for download. However, we, Abijita Foundation strongly recommend you to use WP Time Capsule and the reason besides it.
The WP Time Capsule plugin has a free, fully featured version for 30-days. After that, the Business version starts at $49 per year and provides real-time backups, test restores, and vulnerability notifications.
The incremental backups are used to ensure that your website doesn’t experience any performance issues while also providing up to 30 days of restoration files. In addition to that, you can utilize the plugin on up to two sites in the Business version. You can also choose from the $99 per year Freelancer version or the $199 per year Agency version. All of the plans allow you to make a full-time payment to decrease the price in the long term.
With WP Time Capsule you can
Backup in real-time
You can backup your site in real-time which means you will now be able to revert your site to how it was just an hour ago. Also, you can change the backup interval to every 6 hours or 12 hours or daily.
With a single click staging it’s a breeze to test any change you are planning to do on your site. Test your updates on staging with a single click
Auto backup and update
We automatically backup before each update, if an update causes any undesired change. You are a click away from restoring.
Encrypted DB backups & GDPR Compatible
You can encrypt your DB backups to add an extra layer of security and makes your backup GDPR compatible.
You can now use the WPTC backup to clone or migrate your site to a new location at ease.
How is WP Time Capsule different than other backup plugins?
WPTC is unique in 4 ways –
1. It backs up and restores only the changed files & DB and not the entire site every time.
2. The files & DB are stored in your cloud storage app – Amazon S3, Wasabi, Dropbox or Google Drive.
3. We have used the cloud apps’ native file versioning system to detect changes and maintain file versions. So backups and restores are as reliable as they get.
4. Most importantly, you can backup your site in real-time which means you will now be able to revert your site to how it was just an hour ago. Also, you can change the backup interval to every 6 hours or 12 hours or daily.
How does it work?
1. Sign up an account on our website https://wptimecapsule.com and you will get a 30 days full featured trial.
2. Install the plugin and login with your wptimecapsule.com account.
3. Next, connect the cloud app where you want to store the backup files. You can use Amazon S3, Wasabi, Dropbox or Google Drive.
4. Once you connect the cloud app, we will automatically begin backing up your complete website to your cloud app account.
After the first full backup is taken, you can schedule a time for WPTC to backup your websites. The plugin will take care of your backups from here on.
Backup: Looks for files & DB changes since the last backup and uploads only the changes. The data is then stored securely in your cloud app account.
Restore: Checks revision history and displays the same. You can restore the site to any point in time or restore specific files & DB.