You might be using an iPhone for years now and think you have it all figured out? Don’t be so sure. We’ve gathered up 7 tricks obscure enough that even the most seasoned iPhone user is likely to learn something new, so read below for a little spoiler of all of the useful Iphone tips that are included.
- Reopen Last Closed Safari Tab – In Safari, if you press on the “+” button at the bottom of the display, you can reopen tabs that you’ve recently closed.
- Set a Music Timer – Like to listen to music when falling asleep but want it to turn off after a set time? In the Clock app, choose “Timer,” scroll to the end, and select “Stop Playing” as an option. That’ll stop your music when the timer runs out.
- Move Multiple Apps – When you’re moving apps on your Home screen, if you long press on one, drag it away a bit and then tap others while continuing to hold the first, you can group them all up and move them together.
- 3D Touch for Folder Notifications – Have a bunch of apps in folders? If one of your folders has a little red badge, you can 3D press on the folder to see which app has a pending notification at a glance.
- Simple Settings Access – In an app like Messages or Photos and want to get to the Settings quick? Just say “Settings” to Siri and it will open right up.
- Siri Song History – In the iTunes Store app, you can find a list of all the songs you’ve ever asked Siri to identify. Just tap on the three line icon at the top of the display and then choose “Siri.”
- Passcode Lock Apps – Apple doesn’t let you passcode individual apps, but there’s a Screen Time workaround. In the Screen Time section of the Settings app, choose “App Limits,” and set a 1 minute timer on “All Apps & Categories.” Go to “Always Allowed,” add apps you DON’T want to lock, and then the rest will require a Screen Time passcode to access.