Now You Can Create ‘Chrome Incognito Mode’ Shortcut For Windows On Desktop
Incognito is a privacy mode built into Google Chrome that prevents the browsers from saving your browsing history, cookies and site data, or information entered in forms.
To use Chrome private browsing mode, you need to launch Chrome and select “New Incognito Window” option in the menu or you can also use shortcut Ctrl+Shift+N when Chrome is open.
You can avoid the above steps and launch Chrome in Incognito mode from the desktop when you add “–incognito” switch to the Target field of Chrome shortcut properties dialog. Similarly, you can launch Chrome in guest mode if you append “–guest” switch.
- Launch Chrome browser
- Visit chrome://flags page
- Search for “Enable Incognito Desktop Shortcut”
- Select “Enabled” from the dropdown and restart the browser
- Click on the menu and select “New Incognito window”
- Click on Incognito icon on the toolbar and select “create shortcut”, use the shortcut created on the desktop to launch Chrome in incognito mode from now onwards.