Instagram Turns 11! Happy Birthday, Instagram. Here Are Top 10 Most-Loved Posts!
It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger and originally launched on iOS in October 2010. The Android version was released in April 2012, followed by a feature-limited desktop interface in November 2012, a Fire OS app in June 2014, and an app for Windows 10 in October 2016.
The app allows users to upload media that can be edited with filters and organized by hashtags and geographical tagging. Posts can be shared publicly or with pre-approved followers. Users can browse other users’ content by tags and locations and view trending content. Users can like photos and follow other users to add their content to a feed, a function that seems to be discontinued as of September 2020.
We’re breaking down what Instagram does best: getting those likes. Let’s start giving you the top ten most-loved Instagram photos of all time.
1. An Egg (55.4 Million Likes)
2. Ariana’s Wedding (26.7 Million Likes)
3. XXXTentacion’s Last Instagram Post (26.3 Million Likes)
4. Billie Eilish Reveals Her Blonde Hair (23 Million Likes)
5. Billie Eilish Photo from British Vogue Shoot (22 Million Likes)
6. Photo With Copa América Trophy (21.9 Million Likes)
7. First Post Of Messi After Signing PSG ( 22.1 Million Likes)
8. Press Conference Post Messi’s Departure From Barcelona (21.2 Million Likes)
9. Ronaldo Says Goodbye To Diego (19.8 Million Likes)
10. Chadwick Boseman’s Family Announces His Death (19.3 Million Likes)
The picture of an egg cracked Kylie Jenner’s Instagram record by a long shot, with over 55 million likes at the time of writing.