How To Deactivate Or Delete Your Instagram Account
Instagram is a fun way to explore your creative side while taking photos and sharing them with your friends. It’s a great platform to share your work or build a personal brand. It’s also an amazing way to discover great content from around the world. However, it’s also a social media platform and that brings a lot of risks for you and your personal information.
Instagram is owned by Facebook, which is infamous for its endless privacy scandals. If you’re ready to take your privacy back or want to take a break, we’ll show you how to delete your Instagram account permanently and temporarily.
Deleting your account means that your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers will be permanently removed. Before you click delete, you might want to consider downloading your data. Once it’s gone, you won’t be able to recover any information, create a new account using the same username, or add it to another account.
How To Delete Instagram Account
- Sign in to your Instagram account on a web browser (computer, tablet or mobile). Unfortunately, you cannot remove your account from the Instagram mobile app;
- Click on this link to go to Delete Your Account page as you cannot access it from your profile;
- Select a reason for deleting your account from the dropdown menu and re-enter your account password. Then click Permanently Delete My Account.
How To Deactivate Instagram Account
If you just want a temporary break, deactivation is your best bet. This will simply make your data invisible to others. Next time you log in, your account will be reactivated and your content will be waiting for you.
- Sign in to your Instagram account on a web browser (computer, tablet or mobile). Unfortunately, you cannot remove your account from the Instagram mobile app.
- Click on your user icon in the top right-hand corner and select Edit Profile.
- At the bottom of the Edit Profile screen, tap or click on Temporarily disable my account.
- Select a reason for disabling your account from the dropdown menu. Then re-enter your password when prompted. Tap or click the Temporarily Disable Account button.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.