How To Activate Dark Mode In Facebook Messenger
Facebook has recently added several new features to its Messenger app including a new user interface to the app. The company has started rolling out the new dark mode feature for its users. However, to activate the dark mode for the Messenger app, there’s a hidden trick involved. Wondering how to go about it? Here’s our step-by-step guide.
Before you begun make sure :
- Make sure to update the Facebook Messenger app to the latest version () or above
- Working internet connection
- Android or iOS device
In case, you haven’t updated the app yet. Follow the steps
For Android smartphones:
Open Google Play Store
Search for the Messenger app
Now hit the ‘Update’ button to start the installation process
For iOS users:
Head to the Apple App Store
Search the Messenger app
Tap on the update button to download and install the latest version of the app
Follow the steps to activate the hidden dark mode on Facebook Messenger
- Open Facebook Messenger on your smartphone
- select any contact and tap on the emoji button from the chat window
- Now, scroll vertically to find the Crescent moon emoji.
- Tap the emoji to send
- After this, there will be a shower of moon emoji and the app will prompt a message saying “You have found Dark mode.
- Now, tap on ‘Turn on in Settings’ button from the prompt or users can tap on the profile picture to open Settings
- Turn on the toggle in front of the Dark option mode