Google Removes 9 Android Apps For Stealing Facebook Credentials
All apps offered legitimate services and were downloaded more than 5 million times.
These are the nine apps caught stealing users’ Facebook logins and passwords:
- PIP Photo (5,000,000+ downloads)
- Processing Photo (500,000+ downloads)
- Rubbish Cleaner (100,000+ downloads)
- Inwell Fitness (100,000+ downloads)
- Horoscope Daily (100,000+ downloads)
- App Lock Keep (50,000+ downloads)
- Lockit Master (5,000+ downloads)
- Horoscope Pi (1,000 downloads)
- App Lock manager (10 downloads)
And these are the five malware variants that Dr. Web identified inside the apps.
Google has since removed these apps from the Play Store and has also banned the publishers of all nine apps from the platform, so they can’t publish any new apps.
If you have installed any of the above-listed apps on your Android device, uninstall them immediately. Also, make sure to reset your Facebook password and enable 2-factor authentication just to be on the safer side.