How To Stop Videos From Automatically Playing On Facebook
Automatic video play can be pretty annoying. Because it will expose you to violent, offensive, or otherwise unwanted content that you shouldn’t have to see by default.
Whatever your reason, there’s no shame in wanting to turn autoplay off for good. Luckily, there are ways to turn off the autoplay option for Facebook videos, no matter how you use the site.
Here’s how to get it done on the desktop version of Facebook, as well as the iPhone and Android mobile apps:
If you’re using Facebook on your browser, you can turn off autoplay videos this way:
- Go to the drop-down menu at the top right of the page.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” > “Settings.”
- Look for the “Videos” listing on the left-hand menu. Inside of that option is a toggle where you can turn off autoplaying videos.
Facebook has similar options available for its iOS and Android apps:
USING THE IOS APP
- Click the menu button on the bottom of your screen.
- Once you’re there, tap “Settings & Privacy,” then “Settings.”
- Scroll down until you find “Media and Contacts,” then tap “Videos and Photos.”
- Finally, once you find “Autoplay,” you can turn off the feature.
USING THE ANDROID APP
- Click the menu button at the top right of your screen.
- Once you’re there, scroll down and tap “Settings & Privacy,” then “Settings.”
- Scroll down until you find “Media and Contacts” and tap on it.
- Tap on “Autoplay” and set it to “Never Autoplay Videos.”
You can change your video autoplay settings at any time.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.