How to Install The iOS 13 Beta On iPhone Or iPad
Apple is rolling out the next version of iOS i.e. iOS 13 this September and the beta version is available for the developers. if you don’t want to wait that long to try out the new features then You need to install a beta – and the first public beta of iOS 13 is out now! There are two ways to install the dev beta: over the air, and via iTunes. We break down both methods below.
Install iOS 13 developer beta over-the-air
- On your iOS device, head to the Apple Developer Program website and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Go to the Download sections and scroll down to Featured Downloads.
- Tap the blue Download icon next to the iOS 13 beta.
- Select the appropriate profile for your device, and install it.
- Restart your device.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the iOS 13 beta.
Install iOS 13 developer beta via iTunes
- Install the latest version of iTunes and the Xcode 11 beta on your Mac.
- Go to Apple’s developer site and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Register your Apple device’s UDID (the easiest way to find out your UDID is to plug the device into iTunes, click on the device’s icon in the top right-hand corner, view the Summary tab and click on the Serial Number entry to get it to change to the UDID).
- Now you’ll be able to download the appropriate version of the iOS beta for your hardware – select the exact iPhone, iPod touch or iPad model you’re using from the list.
- Unzip the file that downloads to your Mac (this should produce a .IPSW file).
- Connect your device to iTunes (if it isn’t already) and tap the iOS device icon int he top-left.
- Hold the Option key (on a Mac – it’s Shift on a PC) and click the Restore iPhone button on the device’s Summary tab (next to Check for Update).
- Select the .IPSW file from the previous step, and tap Open.
- The iOS beta will be installed on your iPad or iPhone after a few minutes.
How to get the public beta
The iOS 13 public beta has now launched. If you would like to get your hands on it, you will need to sign up by following these instructions.
- Click Sign Up on the Apple Beta page and register with your Apple ID.
- Log in to the Beta Software Program.
- Click Enrol your iOS device. (If you signed up for a previous version’s beta last year you may need to uninstall the profile for that and then re-enrol for the new one.)
- Go to beta.apple.com/profile on your iOS device.
- Download and install the configuration profile.
- That will make the beta version available in the Settings app, under General, Software Update.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.