Google Photos Can Now Sync Your Favorite Images With Apple Photos
Google Photos is picking up the ability to sync liked images with Apple Photos, making the experience that much smoother.
How It Works
- Your favorite (heart) photos in Apple Photos become favorites in Google Photos.
- Your favorite (star) photos in Google Photos become favorites in Apple Photos.
- If you unfavorite photos in Google Photos, it unfavorites photos in Apple Photos, and vice versa.
Tip: You must use an iOS device for this feature.
Turn sync on or off
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Google Photos .
- At the top right, tap your account profile photo.
- Tap Photos Settings .
- Tap Apple Photos.
- Tap Sync favorites .
- Tap Turn on sync or Turn off sync.
- If you already use Google Photos, you might see a prompt in the Google Photos app. Tap your Favorites folder to turn on sync and see your favorites in Apple Photos.
- If you turn off Sync favorites, it takes effect for future photos. Photos that are already favorites stay favorites.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.