Microsoft Edge’s New ‘Kids Mode’ Is Rolling Globally
Microsoft Edge 90 rolled out today with the addition of ‘Kids Mode’ a child-friendly mode with several features to help children stay safe online.
Kids Mode is a convenient browsing mode inside Microsoft Edge that’s designed for kids. With its kid-friendly features and safety guardrails in place, Kids Mode is a great place for children to safely explore the web.
Kids Mode includes features like custom browser themes, kid-friendly content, browsing based on an allow list, Bing SafeSearch set to strict, and a password requirement to exit. Also, Kids Mode doesn’t require a child account or profile.
To Start Kids Mode
- Open the profile switcher in the browser frame and select Browse in Kids Mode.
You don’t have to be signed into the browser to do this, but signing in will allow the Kids Mode settings to sync across your devices. If this is your first time launching Kids Mode, you’ll see an explanation of what the feature is.
- Choose the appropriate age range to launch Kids Mode in.
Otherwise, Kids Mode will now open in full screen.
Things to note:
- You can always change your age selection in edge://settings/family
- After you select the appropriate age, your current browsing window will be saved and closed and a new window for Kids Mode opens in full screen.
- Until you exit Kids Mode, Microsoft Edge will always launch in Kids Mode.