How To Upgrade Your PC To Windows 11 For Free
Tech giant Microsoft is starting to offer the free upgrade to new devices that are still shipping with Windows 10, before making the OS available to other eligible existing hardware.
Here’s how to get Windows 11 today, if you have a new PC that just shipped with Windows 10 or a device that’s allowed to upgrade to Windows 11.
- Check that your PC is officially supported through Microsoft’s PC Health Check app.
- Back up all of your important documents, apps, and data.
- On your Windows 10 PC, head into Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Check for updates.
- If the free Windows 11 upgrade is available, you’ll see an option to download and install.
- Click download and install.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and configure Windows 11 settings.
If you don’t see the free Windows 11 upgrade, and your PC is supported, then you might be able to avoid the wait using Microsoft’s new Installation Assistant.