How To Fix ‘This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection’ Prompt On Windows 10 PC
Windows Defender SmartScreen acts as a sort of guard dog while you use Windows 10. It will block you from opening some apps if they come from an unknown place or are created by an unknown publisher.
Some apps really are harmful and really will get you in a mess. Only go around the Windows 10 app block if you know for sure that the file is safe. You can bypass the error “This app has been blocked for your protection” by changing corresponding policy. Here’s how:
- On your Windows 10 computer click Start > gpedit.msc. This opens Local Group Policy Editor.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.
- In the right pane look for policy setting – User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode. Either right-click the setting and click Properties or just double-click the policy
You see two options.
- Enabled: Enables Admin Approval Mode and all related UAC policy settings.
- Disabled: Disables Admin Approval Mode and all related UAC policy settings.
Change the security setting to Disabled. Click OK.
You should immediately see a notification to restart the computer.After the restart you can launch the application without any issues.