Google To Replace ‘Matched Content Ads’ With ‘Multiplex Ads’
Google is replacing matched content ads with Multiples ads starting 1st March 2022.
Google launched Matched content as a recommendation service to help publishers to promote their content to the site’s visitors.
Due to decreasing usage of the content promotion service, and positive customer feedback and performance results from an ads-only Matched content ad format, we’ve decided to turn down the content promotion service and convert all existing Matched content units to only show ads.
Alongside the format change, Google is making the following changes:
• Rebranding Matched content to “Multiplex ads”, to align with the ad format that’s available on Google Ad Manager
• Removing the eligibility restrictions that currently apply to Matched content. The new format will be available to all AdSense publishers
• Removing the Sites > Matched content page from the AdSense interface
• Updating the Matched content unit editor to show the new ads-only format
• (Lab participants only) Turning off the ads-only Matched content AdSense Lab and marking it as retired.
Publishers are required to remove the Matched content code from your pages before this change happens.