Top 5 Must Have Security Plugins For WordPress 2021
Due to its popularity, WordPress has become one of the prime target for hackers and intruders. Here, securing your WordPress site is really a tough task because you have to installed third parties themes and plugins, which can leave your site vulnerable.
Besides from regular update and daily backup, you have to installed a few plugins in-order to avoid vulnerabilities. Here we are going to share top 5 must have security plugins for your WordPress website.
Due to its popularity, WordPress has become one of the prime target for hackers and intruders. And, It is very easy to find out login url of WordPress site. So, this plugin forbids access to https://example.com/wp-login.php and creates new urls, like https://example.com/Admin123login or https://example.com/Admin333logout.
Limit Login Attempts
Limit Login Attempts blocks an Internet address from making further attempts after a specified limit on retries has been reached, making a brute-force attack difficult or impossible. It limit the number of login attempts that possible both through the normal login as well as using the authorized cookies.
WordPress by default allows unlimited login attempts either through the login page or by sending special cookies. This allows passwords (or hashes) to be cracked via brute-force relatively easily.
- Limit the number of retry attempts when logging in (per each IP). This is fully customizable.
- Limit the number of attempts to log in using authorization cookies in the same way.
- Informs the user about the remaining retries or lockout time on the login page.
- Optional logging and optional email notification.
- It is possible to whitelist/blacklist IPs and Usernames.
- Sucuri Website Firewall compatibility.
- XMLRPC gateway protection.
- Woocommerce login page protection.
- Multi-site compatibility with extra MU settings.
- GDPR compliant. With this feature turned on, all logged IPs get obfuscated (md5-hashed).
- Custom IP origins support (Cloudflare, Sucuri, etc.)
WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click
- Protect your content from selection and copy. this plugin makes protecting
your posts extremely simple without yelling at your readers
- No one can save images from your site.
- No right click or context menu.
- Show alert message, Image Ad or HTML Ad on save images or right click.
- Disable the following keys CTRL+A, CTRL+C, CTRL+X,CTRL+S or CTRL+V.
- Advanced and easy to use control panel.
- No one can right click images on your site if you want
The Pro Edition Features include:
- Using htacsess rules
- Support jquery overlay protection
- Get full Control on Right click or context menu
- Show alert messages, when user made right click on images, text boxes, links, plain text.. etc
- Admin can exclude Home page Or Single posts from being copy protected
- Admin can disable copy protection for admin users.
- Aggressive image protection (its near impossible for expert users to steal your images !!)
- compatible with all major theme frameworks
- compatible with all major browsers
- Tested in IE9, IE10, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera
- Disables image drag and drop function
- Works on smart phones and iphones – solved since 2-10-2015 & updated at 13-11-2015
- Ability to set varying levels of protection per page or post.
WP Time Capsule (Best Backup Plugin)
The WP Time Capsule plugin has a free, fully featured version for 30-days. After that, the Business version starts at $49 per year and provides real-time backups, test restores, and vulnerability notifications.
The incremental backups are used to ensure that your website doesn’t experience any performance issues while also providing up to 30 days of restoration files. In addition to that, you can utilize the plugin on up to two sites in the Business version. You can also choose from the $99 per year Freelancer version or the $199 per year Agency version. All of the plans allow you to make a full-time payment to decrease the price in the long term.
Quite a few other features help to enhance the power of the WP Time Capsule plugin. For example, you receive one-click staging, test updates, and test restores in the staging area. In addition, you’re able to move your staging websites to live version in the WP Time Capsule plugin. The plugin takes incremental backups to a new level, with a process that involves cloud usage and a system that doesn’t zip files. Multiple files are never copied, and you can even take advantage of incremental restores, where you restore certain files and choose the times in which the restores should come from.
White-labeling is also provided in some plans, but you would have to upgrade in order to remove the branding from WP Time Capsule.
Why is This One of the Best WordPress Backup Plugins?
- WP Time Capsule offers both incremental backups and restores. This means you’re able to improve your site performance and make your restores easier by never copying files during backups and only choosing the specific files needed for those restores.
- The pricing for WP Time Capsule is quite reasonable, especially considering you get backup tools and much more.
- Staging functionality is also provided, allowing you to push a site from staging to live and also test all of your updates in the staging module.
- You’re asked to make a backup of your site whenever you update items like plugins or WordPress. In addition to this, you can set a staging area for these updates to see how your site would respond to such a change.
- The plugin has a quick restore feature, along with the unique ability to restore your site in a staging area. This way, you know what the site looked like at that point in time and you don’t have to guess.
- There are also many other features for protecting your site from hackers, keeping your eCommerce stores safe, and cutting down on your storage bill.
WP Cerber Security, Antispam & Malware Scan
This plugin defends WordPress against hacker attacks, spam, Trojans and malware. It mitigates brute force attacks by limiting the number of login attempts through the login form, XML-RPC / REST API requests or using auth cookies. It help to tracks user and bad actors activity with flexible email, mobile and desktop notifications.
This security plugin stops spam by using a specialized Cerber’s anti-spam engine and Google reCAPTCHA to protect registration, contact and comments forms. It has advanced malware scanner, integrity checker and file monitor. It increase the overall security of your WordPress website with a set of flexible security rules and sophisticated security algorithms.
Features you will love
- Limit login attempts when logging in by IP address or entire subnet.
- Monitors logins made by login forms, XML-RPC requests or auth cookies.
- Permit or restrict access by White IP Access list and Black IP Access List with a single IP, IP range or subnet.
- Create Custom login URL (rename wp-login.php).
- Cerber anti-spam engine for protecting contact and registration forms.
- Automatically detects and moves spam comments to trash or denies them completely.
- Manage multiple WP Cerber instances from one dashboard.
- Two-Factor Authentication for WordPress.
- Logs users, bots, hacker and other suspicious activities.
- Security scanner verifies the integrity of WordPress files, plugins and themes.
- Monitors file changes and new files with email notifications and reports.
- Mobile and email notifications with a set of flexible filters.
- Advanced users’ sessions manager
- Protects wp-login.php, wp-signup.php and wp-register.php from attacks.
- Hides wp-admin (dashboard) if a visitor isn’t logged in.
- Immediately blocks an intruder IP when attempting to log in with non-existent or prohibited username.
- Restrict user registration or login with a username matching REGEX patterns.
- Restrict access to WP REST API with your own role-based security rules.
- Block access to WordPress REST API completely.
- Block access to XML-RPC (block access to XML-RPC including Pingbacks and Trackbacks).
- Disable feeds (block access to the RSS, Atom and RDF feeds).
- Restrict access to XML-RPC, REST API and feeds by White IP Access list by an IP address or an IP range.
- Authorized users only mode
- Block a user account.
- Disable automatic redirection to the hidden login page.
- Stop user enumeration (blocks access to author pages and prevents user data leaks via REST API).
- Proactively blocks IP subnet class C.
- Anti-spam: reCAPTCHA to protect WordPress login, register and comment forms.
- reCAPTCHA for WooCommerce & WordPress forms.
- Invisible reCAPTCHA for WordPress comments forms.
- A special Citadel mode for massive brute force attacks.
- Play nice with fail2ban: write failed attempts to the syslog or a custom log file.
- Filter out and inspect activities by IP address, user, username or a particular activity.
- Filter out activities and export them to a CSV file.
- Reporting: get weekly reports to specified email addresses.
- Limit login attempts works on a site/server behind a reverse proxy.
- Be notified via mobile push notifications.
- Trigger and action for the jetFlow.io automation plugin.
- Protection against (DoS) attacks (CVE-2018-6389).
So, these are the top 5 WordPress security plugins that you must install on your WordPress website.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.